FREELANCE TECHNICAL AUTHOR / TECHNICAL WRITER
Since June 2009: Freelance technical writer
- Technical authoring (owner's manual, repair and maintenance manual)
- Website design
March 2003 – February 2007: Consultant, technical author in a company specialized in data processing and editing of automobiles and trucks service manuals (Nissan Europe - Technocentre Renault Guyancourt 78280, service repair engineering)
- Study of preliminary draft
- Constitution of technical information database for technical authors
- Coordination and project management
- Technical authors’ team management
- Costs estimates
- Technical support to the customers
- Communication with Nissan technical centres and manufacturers’ plants
- Technical support for improvement of special service tools
- Service manuals authoring for new models in English (mechanical, electronic, diagnoses sections)
- Update of all service manuals’ sections
- Study of design drawing
- Seek and distribution of technical information
- Design of learning materials for trainers
December 2001- February 2003: Automotive expert in Bureau d’Études Techniques Automobiles - Noisy le roi 78590
- Collision damage assessment
- Negotiation of repair cost with dealers
- Study of agreement and coverage clauses depending on insurance companies
- Collision origin and cause determination
- Fraud investigation
- Repair decision, coverage authorization
- Estimate writing for collision repair
September 2001- October 2001: Customer adviser, after-sales department in the group SIA PARISNORD Aulnay sous bois 93600.
- Management of the after-sales services
- Reorganization of the after-sales service, helping to reduce the immobilization of vehicles
- Propositions and implementation of process improving the follow up of customers’ vehicles reparations.
December 1999 - September 2001: Customer adviser, after-sales department in the group Bernier Automobiles, site of Les Ulis 91940, and Nanterre 92000.
- Determination of clients’ needs (listening, marketing data survey)
- Promotion of dealer’s services
- Technical advises for reparations and maintenances costs control
- Follow up customers’ needs
- Management of complex repairs from the first estimation up to the definitive payment
- Management of the quick service
- Implementation of a new service for privileged customers
- Respect of commitments
- Management of the conflicts and the disputes between customers and dealer
- Increase of turnover and improvement of customers’ satisfactions
- Improvement of the ISO 9002 quality
1999: Management of a technical project in a CITROEN dealer Saran 45770
Objective: preservation of the free vehicle pre-inspections service (before the legal inspections)
- Survey of commercial data issued by a marketing agency
- Creation of a database to follow up mechanical works and different customers’ needs
- Organizations of internal meetings
- Negotiations and contract establishment with suppliers
- Analysis of the financial results of the after sale service
1999: Management of a communication project in a CITROEN dealer Saran 45770
- Prospects targeting
- Determination of customers’ needs
- Promotions of dealer’s services
- Information to the customers
- Study of the profitability
1998: Training in different departments of a Mazda dealer Ingré 45140 during 2 months
- Diagnosis and pre-inspections
- Complex repairs
June 1999: Bachelor’s degrees in automotive engineering technology (French BTS MAVA – St Jean de la Ruelle 45140), Second-Class Honours.
- Comprehension of the latest automotive technology
- Complex and reliable diagnostics
- Marketing, communication related to the industry of automobiles
- Team and workshop schedule management. Account management. Study of employees’ rights
1995-1997: Two years university degree in mathematics and physical sciences (French DEUG cursus1) University of Orléans 45100 Orléans.
June 1995: A-Level in mathematics and physical sciences, (French Bac S).
- Operating system: Windows (NT, 98, XP), Linux (UBUNTU), MAC OS
- Markup language: HTML 4
- MS office Package: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- DTP: Adobe Framemaker 7.0 (desktop publishing and word processing program), Adobe Indesign.
- Graphic: Adobe Acrobat Pro (PDF editing program), Adobe Illustrator CS3 (vector-based drawing program), Adobe Photoshop CS3 (graphics editing program)
- Video editing: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3( real-time, timeline based video editing program)
- Web design: Joomla! 1.5.7 (Content Management System)
- Design and engineering: NISSAN 3D CAD, Synchronie (data recording and processing), NISSAN ANEMS (Nissan engineering network), NISSAN FRS (flat rate schedule).
- Others: Expert (damage report writing software)
Good skill in assimilating new software applications quickly. Knowledge of 300 software (freeware and open source).
- Fluent in English. Stay of one year in the USA (school year 1985-86)
- Working knowledge of English. Technical authoring in English language since March 2003. Communication with Nissan and Renault technical centres and manufactures’ plants.
- Bilingual in French and Persian.
Autonomous. Sense of the organization and the responsibilities. Multi-skilled and open to acquire other knowledge. Easily adaptable to new environments. Have a good team spirit. Accept business trips and expatriation.
- Support member of the ATESMA, Association of senior technicians for automotive maintenance.
- Repairs of automobiles since 1989
- Amateur photographer
- Driving license (automobile + motorcycle).